Coaching - Group River Trips
Subject to demand we coordinate group river trips on the following rivers:
- Waimakariri river - Brass Monkey course - Pylons to Highway bridge in Christchurch. 13km of simple grade 2 conditions.
- Rakaia river - highway bridge to Lowe's Cutting in Methven. 15km of simple grade 2 conditions.
- Waimakariri river, Woodstock to gorge bridge. 12km of grade 2 conditions with some rapids and bluffs.
- Rakaia gorge - power station to highway bridge. 37km of grade 2+ conditions.
- Waimakariri river - Mt White bridge to Woodstock. 58km of grade 2+ conditions.
Small group river trips of 3 clients are lead by an accredited trainer. Every paddler is expected to be competent and self sufficient. Grade 2 certificates are mandatory. Our experienced trainers will show you the hot lines, the safe lines and provide tips and advice on how to do your best on race day. Subject to availability, hire kayaks and transport can be provided for out-of-towners.
Group trips are not "race runs". Groups are expected to stay together travelling at the pace of the slowest participant.